Crop Walk

  • October 28, 2018
    2:00 PM

What is It?
The Greater Triangle Area CROP Hunger Walk is a 3 mile walk near downtown Raleigh with rest stops along the way. A shorter 1 mile option is also available. The walk links the community together to raise money in order to provide food and other resources for people in the Greater Triangle Area and around the world to aid in hunger relief.

Who walks?
Residents in Cary, Raleigh, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Garner and the surrounding areas, including religious communities, businesses, schools, non-profit agencies, organizations or any person who wants to contribute their time and/or money to help support those in need.

When?
Sunday, October 28th, 2018 at 3:00 pm. Registration for walkers begins at 2:00 pm.

Where?
The walk begins and ends at the Court of North Carolina, Court of NC North Trail on the campus of North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27607

How?
Walk participants begin by inviting their friends, businesses, organizations and employers to support them with contributions prior to the walk.

Who benefits?
Church World Service (www.cwsglobal.org), established in 1946, distributes 75% of the money from the CROP Hunger Walk to global hunger education, disaster relief and self-help projects in more than 30 countries around the world. The remaining 25% of funds support hunger-fighting agencies in Raleigh and Cary. Benefiting agencies this year are Catholic Parish Outreach, Urban Ministries of Wake County, North Raleigh Ministries, Inc., Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC, Dorcas Ministries and Feed the Pack Food Pantry at NCSU.

Get Started Here
Please visit the Crop Walk website at www.trianglenccrop.org.